Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Salmon Patties

If I had to make a list of my all time favorite meals, this one would be right up there near the top. It is so simple, but I have always loved salmon patties! They are just so comforting. I would request it for my birthday dinner, when I came home from college, and it was even the meal I requested the first time Justin cooked for me.

Another reason I like salmon patties, atleast when it comes to me making them, is that they are so easy! And as we all know, I like easy meals!

Salmon Patties
  • 1 can pink salmon, drained
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and form into 6 patties.
At this point I would normally pan fry in a little bit of oil, but this last time I just sprayed the pan with Pam and cooked them until golden brown without any extra oil. Each side took about 5-7 minutes.
I actually cooked half of the batter for me, then added a small chopped onion in the rest for Justin.




These must always be served with the same thing : macaroni and cheese and french style green beans. I served mac 'n cheese this time, but I never have canned vegetables, so I served it with steamed broccoli.

1 comment:

Renea said...

Yum, that's one of my favorite things too! I haven't had them in years though.