- 15 jumbo shells, cooked according to directions and drained
- 2 chicken breasts (mine were about 4-5 oz each) boiled and shredded
- 7 1/2 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- couple shakes of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce (that's about what I had left, you can use more if you have it)
Heat oven to 400 and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix together all ingredients from shredded chicken to salt and pepper.
Spread 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of baking dish.
Fill cooked shells with chicken mixture and place filled side up in baking dish. Pour rest of sauce over shells. Sprinkle extra cheese on if desired.
Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, removing foil last 5 minutes.
P.S. I really liked the flavor these had and will keep making them this way.
P.P.S. The original recipe I used for stuffed shells can be found on Amber's blog; that recipe is how I learned how to make stuffed shells.